Just a few words on my continuing (indoor) experiments with the new WA macro lens.
The set up was a simple still life in the kitchen. I set the focus on one pencil and applied a little shift on the lens, to correct for my tripod-pencil geometry. I kept the aperture deliberately open, at F/5.6, to see what the bokeh looked like.
Exposure setting was aided by Magic Lantern, via its auto bracketing, giving me three brackets at 1, 1/4 and 1/15 of a second, all at ISO 100.
I then brought these into Lightroom and used Lr-Enfuse to blend the three images together. I also did a white balance correction and some sharpening in LR, and then exported the image to Photoshop-CC.
In PS-CC I used the select Focus Area tool to create a mask, that I used to bring a little extra ‘focus’ to the pencil tip using a curve layer.
Here are two images that show off the new lens: the first an uncropped image showing the WA ‘reach’ of the lens; the second a cropped image showing the macro capture capability.